3D printing can be defined as the process of using specialized equipment to assemble, via a computer and 3D model, an object layer by layer. 3D printing has some unique advantages over traditional construction and it allows production costs to stay the same. 3D printing makes production accessible for small businesses that don’t have the resources to expansive funding. 3D printing reduces the time between conception and sale and it allows each piece to be customized. Greater risk-taking by reducing the cost of failure differentiates 3D printing services from traditional construction.
- 3D printing is helpful for reducing lead time for short production costs and it permits the creation of complex shapes without added costs.
- 3D printing is less competitive than traditional construction as far as mass production, smooth finish, production of very large objects and use of certain materials are concerned.
- 3D printing is more customizable and more adaptable when compared to traditional construction.
- It is possible to make an unlimited amount of changes to the product in 3D printing and 3d printing prototype cost can be used.
- Architects can make a prototype and update the prototype until satisfaction using 3D printing.
Making the prototype is a crucial step before getting the product to mass production and it can also be used during the rest of the manufacturing process. The ultimate objective of 3D printing is to create unique pieces that can be more responsive to needs, progress in conception, and consumer feedback. No added cost for complexity is another highlight of 3D printed buildings and creating complex mechanical constructions with traditional construction requires precision as well as skills. The price increases with complexity in traditional construction and 3D printing create an entire piece in one process. There is no added cost for complexity in the 3D printing model
Getting Product Fast
- The traditional construction technologies need molds to be manufactured and factories to be ramped up.
- It will require approximately 15-60 days to have the first part in hand and the part can be printed on demand for 3D printing.
- In 3D printing, the combination of the reduced lead time and more efficient prototyping process reduces the time to market.
- Reducing the time to market is a great advantage since delay creates uncertainty and a shorter time to market guarantees a better ability to predict success.
3D printing superbly resources efficiently since the only material consumed is what passes under the layer. Traditional construction features the use of extra materials including molds for injection molding and scraps for perforated sheet metal assembly. 3D printed houses, 3D printing technology, 3d printing building contour crafting, robotic arms, construction 3D printer, and 3D printing concrete are the buzzwords in 3D printing. Enhanced innovation offered by 3D printing made them quite popular in the construction sector and construction sites. 3D printing gives the producer great advantages for small, one-off production runs and the manufacture of complex pieces. It enables taking more risks, customizing the product, reducing the lead time, and reducing the waste. It is expected that 3D printing will improve a lot in the upcoming years using more materials, providing.